We are vaccinating both enrolled and casual patients, clinics daily 12-2pm Monday- Friday and Saturdays 9-12 (closed 20/4) - bookings reccommend but not essential. Call in and see us today!
YOU COULD COME IN CONTACT WITH INFLUENZA AT ANYTIME
Around one in four New Zealanders are infected with influenza each year. Many people won’t feel sick at all, but can still pass it on to others. Influenza can be anywhere. Contact with the influenza virus is almost unavoidable, and while contact does not necessarily mean infection, it does mean that you are never far from the possibility of catching influenza.
- Influenza isnt just a bad cold - it can be serious and can kill
- Around 1.2 million kiwis get influenza yearly
- Immunisation prepares your immune system to fight influenza
- You cannot get influenza from the vaccine
- Influenza immunisation is free for those most at risk*
Free Influenza for....
- pregnant woman (any trimester)
- people with an ongoing medical condition e.g. asthma, diabetes, or heart or lung condition
- people aged 65 years or over
For everyone else the Influenza vaccine is $30.
Please book online in one of our Flu Clinics or phone us for an appointment. Please remember you will need to wait 20 minutes after your vaccine is given.
THE INFLUENZA VIRUS IS DIFFERENT FROM A COLD OR VIRUS
A cold virus only affects the nose, throat and the upper chest and lasts for a few days, whereas influenza can be a serious illness that affects the whole body and can last up to a week or more.
Sudden onset of illness
A cold - Mild illness
Modern to severe illness. Fever (usually high)
A cold - Mild fever
Headache (may be severe)
A cold - Mild headache (congested sinuses)
Dry cough, may become moist
A cold - Sometimes a cough
A cold - Muscle aches are uncommon
A cold - A runny nose
Bed rest necessary
Can suffer sever complications (eg. pneumonia)
for further information on Influenza www.fightflu.co.nz or phone and speak to one of our nurses.